- "And since there ain't no event more special than the holidays, seems like the perfect time to enjoy a hunk of kod'yok glazed in wroshyr sap syrup."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Life Day Cookbook
Wroshyr sap syrup was a sauce used as the glaze in Glazed Kod'yok, a dish made with kod'yok meat. The syrup was made from the sap of the wroshyr tree of the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk. After Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs published his first cookbook in 34 ABY, he included a recipe for Glazed Kod'yok in his holiday-themed cookbook, The Life Day Cookbook, where he mentioned that traditional wroshyr sap syrup was among the necessary ingredients for the dish.
Behind the scenes
Wroshyr sap syrup was introduced in the 2021 recipe book Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook, authored by Marc Sumerak and Jenn Fujikawa. In the out-of-universe recipe for Glazed Kod'yok, maple syrup is called for in place of the fictional wroshyr sap syrup.
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.