- "If you have a drink in your hand, you don't need me for nothing."
Having lost his parents to battle droids during the Clone Wars, he strongly disliked droids and installed a droid detector in the cantina to keep them out. Despite this, Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi entered with the droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Upon noticing their presence, he ordered that the droids would have to wait outside because he didn't serve their kind.
Some time afterwards, Boba Fett arrived at the cantina and asked for the identity and name of Luke Skywalker. After torturing an alien, Wuher told Fett that he and the patrons didn't know the identity or name of the boy he was searching for.
Personality and traits
- "Hey! We don't serve their kind here!"
"Your droids. They'll have to wait outside. We don't want them here."
- ―Wuher and Luke Skywalker
Wuher was an orphan, but worked his way off of Tatooine's streets by studying various species' biochemistries. With this he was able to learn what types of drinks would be desirable with various species.
Wuher disliked the concept of slavery, feeling that nobody should have to be a slave. He himself could have had an easier time in his work at Chalmun's Cantina by purchasing slaves, but decided against it. He disliked bounty hunters for similar reasons, but could not refuse their patronage for fear of what it would do to his reputation. His abiding dislike of droids stemmed from the death of his parents at the hands of battle droids during the Clone Wars. He had great respect, however, for Jedi, who saved him from an entire battalion of droids. His nightly ritual was to go home and drink a glass of blue milk to settle his stomach.
Behind the scenes
The character was known only as "The Bartender" at the time of the film's release, but the Star Wars Legends source "Be Still My Heart: The Bartender's Tale" from the Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina anthology named him as "Wuher" while the Mos Eisley Adventure Set gave the character's name as "Cedo Partu." The character's name was later confirmed to be the former." The new name was later confirmed as part of the canon continuity established on April 25, 2014 in the reference book Ultimate Star Wars.
- (First identified as Wuher)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- "Not Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!"—Star Wars Insider 159
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 5 (Droid Directory: 2-1B-series Medical Droids, Part 1)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Classic Star Wars (Set: 75205 Mos Eisley Cantina)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars Search and Find Volume I
- Star Wars Day-at-a-Time Calendar 2020
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Picture only)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One Companion"—Star Wars Insider 201