- "Get me Admiral Wurtz. I need three of his star cruisers."
"Greater than we think, this mystery may be. Go with the fleet to aide Master Kenobi, I will."
- ―Mace Windu, a clone navigation officer, and Yoda
Early during the Clone Wars, the Galactic Republic Admiral Wurtz was in command of a fleet within the Open Circle Armada. Jedi General Mace Windu needed three of Wurtz's Star Cruisers to reinforce Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and other Republic forces as they fought the Separatist Alliance during the Battle of Christophsis.
Considering the possibility that the kidnapping of Jabba Desilijic Tiure's son, Rotta, was part of a greater mystery, Jedi General Yoda decided to accompany the fleet. Wurtz's three Venator-class Star Destroyers arrived to Christophsis alongside four Acclamator-class assault ships to reinforced Republic forces on the ground. Jedi Master Yoda joined Admiral Wullf Yularen, who had linked up with the fleet, on the bridge of one of the Venator-class Star Destroyers and began engaging the Confederacy of Independent Systems Navy. When the blockade was in retreat, the Acclamator-class assault ships landed and deployed their forces on the planet. The flagship of Wurtz's fleet along with the four Acclamators belonged to the Open Circle's Fifth Fleet of the Republic.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: Complete Locations establishes that the yellow circle surrounded by a two red incomplete halves of a bordering circle is the emblem of ships that belong to the Open Circle Fleet. Since all of Wurtz's starships feature the emblem, his fleet must be part of the Open Circle. Additionally, Star Wars: Complete Vehicles establishes that the five red stripes on Galactic Republic starships with the Open Circle emblem belong to the Fifth Fleet of the Open Circle Fleet. Since the flagship of Wurtz has the stripes, it can be deduced that his flagship is from the Fifth Fleet.