- "Shows up at the start of the week with a basket of fruits and bread, sometimes some wyrg-jerky or some of that spicy arguez sausage."
- ―Shirene to Norra Wexley, about her son, Temmin Wexley
Wyrg-jerky was a type of jerky that could be found on the Outer Rim planet Akiva. After Temmin Wexley's mother, the pilot Norra Wexley, left Akiva to join the Rebel Alliance in 1 ABY, he began caring for his aunt Esmelle and her wife, Shirene, by delivering weekly packages of food. The packages often included breads and fruits, and occasionally contained wyrg-jerky or arguez sausage. Three years after leaving, Norra returned to Akiva and was informed by Shirene of the self-sustainability Temmin had gained while she was away, indicating the food packages as corroboration.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Aftermath (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the reunion of Norra Wexley and Temmin Wexley on Akiva—which occurs during the rebellion on Akiva, according to Aftermath—to thirty years before the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 34 ABY. Temmin Wexley began delivering food packages, which included wyrg-jerky, when Norra Wexley left Akiva three years prior to the planet's rebellion, which can be established to be in 1 ABY.