Wyyyschokk, also known as webweavers, or Kashyyykian giant weavers, were arachnids that lived in the lower levels of Kashyyyk's "multilayered deathtrap" ecosystem. They were highly intelligent, though their intelligence level is unknown, as they were too dangerous to observe by living subjects, and droids were destroyed within minutes. In fact, wyyyschokk held the distinction of being the most dangerous predator on Kashyyyk, signifying them as one of the most dangerous in the galaxy.
Biology and appearanceEdit
They were known to be intelligent enough to coordinate ambushes on unsuspecting creatures, and had the tenacity to track their prey for over a kilometer. When attacking, they immobilized their victims with thick strands of web and copious amounts of poisonous fluid from their upraised mandibles.
While most wyyyschokk lived deep in the lower levels of the wroshyr forests, some populations could also be found in the Etyyy region where no kilometer-high forests grew, while others lived in the ShadowWeave Caverns in the Kkowir Forest.
A blue wyyyschokk followed the Imperial stormtrooper Wayson Dower after his platoon was decimated by Wookiees. After he regrouped with two other troopers—Milo Strander and Sterns Yennich—the spider continued to track the trio as they made their way back to their drop zone. Yennich, unaware of the danger, stepped into a clearing lacking adequate protection from below, and was attacked by the spider. After slicing through the trooper's leg armor with one of its legs, causing a large amount of blood to flow, the Wyyyschokk bit through the bark Yennich was standing on, piercing his chest. Curling into a ball due to the venom, he offered no resistance to the spider, which pulled him down for consumption.
About 2 BBY, Sith Lord Darth Vader sent his secret apprentice, Starkiller, to raise an army to oppose the Galactic Emperor. In order to gain the help of Bail Organa of Alderaan, he journeyed to Kashyyyk to retrieve the senator's daughter, Leia Organa. Making his way toward the Imperial skyhook anchor facility where she was being held, Marek encountered several giant weavers lying in wait for him. He barely survived the ambush and thereafter traveled through the upper levels of the jungle canopy.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia has an entry for "wyyyschok" (one 'k') pointing back to the "webweaver" entry; however, under webweaver, wyyyschokk is spelled with two k's, matching the spelling of older sources.
The spiders made a brief appearance under the name Kashyyykian giant weaver in The Force Unleashed novelization—written by Sean Williams and first published in 2008—where they were described in retrospection.
- Jedi Academy (Non-canonical appearance)
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (First mentioned)
- The Force Unleashed novelization (as Kashyyykian giant weaver)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees
- Tyrant's Test (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Assault Team
- Pax Empirica—The Wookiee Annihilation
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Kids 2
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Secrets of Kashyyyk"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- Callsigns: Names of Kashyyyk"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (First identified as wyyyschok)