- "Ever since the XP-38 came out, they just aren't in demand."
- ―Luke Skywalker upon selling his landspeeder
The X-34 landspeeder was a model of civilian landspeeder manufactured by SoroSuub Corporation and available during the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
The X-34 was a civilian landspeeder of mundane design produced by SoroSuub Corporation. Built with a powerful repulsorlift engine augmented with three air-cooled thrust turbines, the X-34 hovered up to a meter off the ground during operation. The vehicles were capable of crossing rough terrain, and were well-suited for harsh desert climates. Owners could choose from either an open-air or sealed cockpit, although the speeders lacked any form of combat capability in the form of weapon mounts or armor. The X-34 was fast, if fairly nondescript in appearance, and measured 3.4 meters in length. X-34 landspeeders utilized by the Alliance to Restore the Republic were retrofitted with blaster cannons.
X-34 landspeeders were utilized as civilian transports perfect for traveling smoothly over even the roughest terrain. For this reason, they found use in harsh desert climates, and were in operation on the planet Tatooine during the Imperial Era. The farmboy Luke Skywalker owned an old and battered X-34 which he made extensive use of to travel through the planet's deserts, leaving the craft sand-pocked and sun-faded, and missing its portside turbine cowling. Skywalker kept the landspeeder in good working order with tinkering and careful maintenance, which proved essential in the desert environment. He sold the landspeeder in Mos Eisley for two thousand credits after the deaths of his aunt and uncle, Beru and Owen Lars, and used the money to help pay for transport to the planet Alderaan. Around this time, following the release of the XP-38, demand for X-34s had dropped in favor of the newer model. During the Galactic Civil War, the Alliance to Restore the Republic utilized X-34 landspeeders retrofitted with blaster cannons.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke Skywalker - The Journey Begins"
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- "Rites"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Born in the Storm"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Black Spire Station
- Star Wars: Datapad
- "Tales from Wild Space: Majordomo, Major Problems"—Star Wars Adventures 23 (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Chase with Han/Escape with Chewbacca"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Duel of Destiny"
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- (First identified as X-34 Landspeeder)