- «That's a first gen X-45, isn't it? You should try an X-47. Less likely to jam after getting hit by a few rocks.»
- ―Leia Organa, disguised as Boushh, to Bossk[src]
The X-45 was a blaster rifle that was in circulation during the Galactic Civil War. A major flaw of first-generation X-45 rifles was their tendency to get jammed when hit by another object, an issue that was rectified in the later X-47. The Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk wielded a first-generation X-45 while on the hunt for the rebel Lando Calrissian on the planet Arkanis in the year 4 ABY.
The X-45 was a blaster rifle that was used in the galaxy during the Galactic Civil War. Mostly black in color, the rifle had a long barrel with a two-part scope—one part was located above the trigger and the other at the end of the barrel, extending slightly outward. The rifle also had a gray stock and two hand grips, as well as a brown-colored sling for wearing the weapon behind the back. First-generation X-45 rifles were prone to jamming after being struck by foreign objects, such as rocks, a flaw that was fixed in a successor model—the X-47.
In 4 ABY, the Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk operated on the planet Arkanis while armed with a first-generation X-45. While attempting to collect a bounty on the rebel Lando Calrissian, Bossk faced competition from the bounty hunter Boushh, who in reality was Princess Leia Organa in disguise. During a firefight with Bossk, Organa took advantage of the X-45's design flaw, using her blaster pistol to shoot at a rock formation behind the Trandoshan. The rocks collapsed, hitting Bossk's X-45 and jamming it, forcing the disarmed bounty hunter to give up his claim on Calrissian.
Behind the scenesEdit
The X-45 appeared in the new Star Wars canon in Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1, a comic book published by Marvel Comics on April 10, 2019. The comic book was written by Greg Pak and was illustrated by Marc Deering, Will Sliney, Chris Sprouse, and Karl Story.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the X-45 sniper rifle, nicknamed the "Riflette," was first mentioned in "Blasters for Hire," an article written and illustrated by Anthony P. Russo and published in Star Wars Adventure Journal 3 in 1994. It first appeared in an in-universe Legends narrative in Plea Bargain, a 2005 Living Force roleplaying game adventure written by Craig Baugh.
The X-45's depiction in Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1 bears little similarity to the rifle's previous depiction in Legends. The comic instead portrays it as visually identical to the Relby-v10 mortar gun, Bossk's authorized bounty-hunting weapon.
- Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Princess Leia Organa acquired the Ubese armor for her Boushh disguise on Ord Mantell thirty years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, Organa's acquisition of the armor must take place in 4 ABY. Given that Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1 shows Organa with her Boushh disguise, preparing for the rescue of Han Solo, which Galactic Atlas also dates to 4 ABY, the events of Age of Rebellion must likewise take place in that year.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Blasters for Hire"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- ↑ Plea Bargain
- ↑ Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger