The XJ-6 was a flashy, sleek, open-cockpit airspeeder from Narglatch AirTech. A luxury hot rod, the speeder had a driver's seat and passenger seat, and was available in a yellow color scheme.
Senator Simon Greyshade, a wealthy representative of the Vorzyd sector, owned an XJ-6 custom special modified from the Narglatch AirTech kit, which featured oversized twin turbojet engines located at the vehicle's fore. Originally designed to function in groups of fifty aboard bank-courier repulsor trucks of Aargau, the engines utilized a series of thrust ducts to feed pressurized air through the speeder to propel it through atmospheres. The yellow speeder was docked at a parking bay balcony several floors below Padmé Amidala's apartment on Coruscant in 22 BBY, and was stolen by Anakin Skywalker to pursue the assassin Zam Wesell after she attempted to kill Senator Padmé Amidala. Considering the open-top speeder to be the fastest in the parking bay, Skywalker hotwired Greyshade's vehicle and chased Wesell through the Coruscant skylanes. Obi-Wan Kenobi ultimately landed the speeder outside the Outlander Club in Vos Gesal Street, and it was later recovered and returned to its designated parkslot. Senator Greyshade was left unable to press charges, and the official inquiry into the vehicle's theft was cut short.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as XJ-6 airspeeder)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 71 (Databank A-Z: Zam Wesell–Wexley) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Search and Find Volume I
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars Complete Vehicles, New Edition
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition
- "Anakin Skywalker" – Star Wars Encyclopedia