- "Yes, I still have it. After all, I had trained for all those years. Why should I give it up like a thief, when I deserve to carry it?"
"Because you deserve it no longer. You shame it."
- ―Xanatos and Qui-Gon Jinn, on the subject of the former's lightsaber
When he was selected by the esteemed Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn to become his Jedi Padawan, the Human trainee Xanatos constructed a lightsaber which he wielded for the entirety of his life both as a Jedi and Dark Jedi. Xanatos used a blue lightsaber crystal for his blade before turning to the dark side of the Force, replacing the original crystal with a synthetic red one.
Xanatos used the lightsaber on worlds such as Telos IV, Coruscant and Bandomeer where he usually crossed blades with his former master Jinn and his newly selected apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi. He used this on Bandomeer to duel his former mentor and then a second time against Jinn and his apprentice Kenobi.
He would later use this again on Coruscant when he sabotaged the Jedi Temple and used it in a duel with his former mentor while his Dark Jedi apprentice Bruck Chun dueled Kenobi. Xanatos would later escape the Temple and Coruscant.
When Xanatos was cornered by the two Jedi on his home world of Telos in a confrontation, he committed suicide and jumped into a pool of acid along with his red lightsaber which was destroyed along with him.
- Star Wars: Jedi—The Dark Side
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival (First appearance)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Uncertain Path
- Jedi Apprentice: The Captive Temple
- Jedi Apprentice: The Day of Reckoning