The Xyloxan was a type of musical instrument which used tone bars, which could be made from bodhar bones. The musician Ubert Quaril used a xyloxan while playing at the castle of the pirate Maz Kanata on the planet Takodana around thirty years after the Battle of Endor.
Behind the scenesEdit
A xyloxan first appeared as a prop in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, a film released in 2015. It was not identified in the film, but was named in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, written by Pablo Hidalgo and released the day after the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Xyloxan)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z