The Xyston-class Star Destroyer, also known as the Sith Star Destroyer, was a model of Star Destroyer used by Darth Sidious' Final Order. The Sith Eternal fleet consisted entirely of these warships and engaged the Resistance in a battle within the atmosphere of Exegol. They were based on the design of the older Imperial I-class Star Destroyers, with key differences including a larger size, red accents along the hull of the vessel, and a large axial superlaser capable of destroying planets, which took the place of a standard Imperial-class Star Destroyer's main hangar space.
Offensive and defensive systemsEdit
While equipped with deflector shields, the Xyston-class could not activate them while inside Exegol's atmosphere. These Star Destroyers also required a navigational beacon in order to leave Exegol. A navigational tower existed on the planet for this purpose.
Where the ventral hangar bay of conventional Imperial Star Destroyers was located, these Star Destroyers were fitted with a large axial superlaser and flanked by two smaller hangars. While it would not destroy a planet instantly like the superlasers of the Death Stars, the cannon would obliterate a planet by firing at the target in a sustained burst. These superlasers were connected directly to the Star Destroyer's reactor, and severe damage to them would destroy the ship itself.
- "Send a ship to a world they know. Let it burn."
- ―Darth Sidious gives the order for a world to be destroyed
Created sometime before 35 ABY, the Xyston-class Star Destroyers comprised the Sith Eternal fleet stationed on Exegol. When Supreme Leader Kylo Ren arrived on Exegol and met with Darth Sidious, the Sith Lord raised his entire fleet from the planet surface and offered Kylo Ren the chance to rule the galaxy.
Following the duel on Kef Bir, Sidious ordered Allegiant General Enric Pryde to dispatch a Star Destroyer to Kijimi to destroy it as a show of force. The Star Destroyer Derriphan was sent and destroyed the planet with ease. Eventually, the entire armada of Star Destroyers was destroyed during the pivotal Battle of Exegol, as the Resistance discovered the Star Destroyer's weakness, being the ability to destroy the entire vessel by targeting the axial superlaser, which resulted in the destruction of the entire fleet, and the Final Order.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide (as Sith Star Destroyer)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Xyston-class Star Destroyer)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Card Trader identified the engines used by this variant as KDY Destroyer-I ion engines and Cygnus Spaceworks Gemon-4 ion engines.