The YT-1300 light freighter, also known as the YT-1300 Corellian freighter, was a type of light freighter manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation that saw operation in the galaxy during the final days of the Galactic Republic and the reign of the Galactic Empire. By the year 0 BBY, it was considered an outdated model. The Millennium Falcon, a smuggling vessel that became part of the Rebel Alliance fleet, was a YT-1300 of the YT-1300f variety.
- "Sir. We were unable to acquire the droid on Jakku. It escaped capture aboard a stolen Corellian YT model freighter."
- ―Dopheld Mitaka, to Kylo Ren
The Corellian YT-1300 was used as a freighter and transport, and some saw service as intermodal tugs in orbital freight yards. The vessel's side-mounted cockpit and front-facing mandibles allowed it to push containers, although the design was modular enough to allow enterprising captains to modify their ships. Standard YT-1300s possessed powerful engines and stock hyperdrives.
While the YT-1300 was highly customizable, there were some configurations that were considered standard by Corellia Engineering Corporations.
The YT-1300p was configured to be primarily a passenger carrying ship. It had a small cargo capacity and there was three passenger compartments. Each compartment had three bunks, a small refresher, and storage for personal items. Two of the bunks could be reconfigured as bunk beds, while the third was restricted to a single bed due to the curvature of the hull. This allowed a maximum of five passengers per compartment. There was a small cargo hold in the front of the ship that was serviced by a freight loading room between the mandibles that allowed the YT-1300p to carry a maximum of 25 metric tons. It was equipped with two Class-6 escape pods in the port and starboard passenger tubes. Due to the escape pods, boarding was done by a retractable ladder in the passenger tube. The tubes also had a hatch that allowed them to be used as airlocks. It had three retractable landing legs.
The YT-1300f was configured to haul cargo and had minimal living space.
The YT-1300fp was CEC's design that was meant to be a balance between having space for freight and passengers.
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- Jakku Spy
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley (episode)"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Hero Discovered" (Appears in hologram)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Lost Treasure of Cloud City"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Return of the Jedi"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Hunting for Han" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Puzzle Droids
- Star Wars Blips – "The Chase"
- Star Wars Blips – "Stowaway"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 YT-1300 Corellian Freighter Owner's Workshop Manual
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: Millennium Falcon: A 3-D Owner's Guide (2018)
- ↑ Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ "End of Watch"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Defense