- "Think of it as your chance to see the galaxy, Lieutenant Skywalker. The mission details have been loaded into your astromech. He's on his way to Docking Bay 12 to do preflight on your Y-wing—you'll be flying Y 4, one of the two-seat models."
- ―Arhul Narra to Luke Skywalker
Months after the Battle of Yavin, it was transferred to Docking Bay 12 of a refueling station over Devaron, so that Rebel pilot Luke Skywalker would use it on a mission to retrieve logs of Imperial communications that were intercepted by several rebel cells along the Shipwrights' Trace. With C-3PO and R2-D2, Skywalker made his way to the Tertiary Usaita system, where the starfighter was attacked by three TIE fighters and the Razor-class frigate Kreuge's Revenge. The damage that the Y 4 received forced Skywalker to escape the confrontation back to Devaron; landing in Tikaroo, he left the ship to be repaired by Kivas. After a lengthy stay in the Temple of Eedit, Skywalker claimed the repaired ship and left the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Y 4 appeared for the first time in the 1978 Legends TV film The Star Wars Holiday Special, and reappeared in the canonical The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure, written by Jason Fry and illustrated by Phil Noto.
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (First appearance)
- Luke and the Lost Jedi Temple
- The Weapon of a Jedi, Part 1
- (Picture only)