Yaddle, a Force-sensitive female member of the same species as Grand Master Yoda, was a Jedi Master and member of the Jedi High Council during the last years of the Galactic Republic. During the Invasion of Naboo, Yaddle and her fellow councilors were introduced to the Chosen One Anakin Skywalker. After the Battle of Naboo, she took a less active role in the Jedi Order's affairs and was no longer on the Council by the time of the Clone Wars.
Yaddle was born around five hundred and nine years before the Battle of Yavin. At some point during her life, she was found to be Force-sensitive, and was taken to the Jedi Temple to be trained in the ways of the Jedi. Eventually, she was promoted to the rank of Jedi Master, and was given a seat on the Jedi High Council on which she remained for some time. She also trained the Thisspiasian Oppo Rancisis, who eventually took up a seat alongside her in the Jedi Council as well.
During the Invasion of Naboo, Yaddle was present in the Jedi Council Chamber inside the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, when fellow Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn presented himself to the Council with daunting news that the Sith, the ancient enemies of the Jedi had returned to the galaxy. She was also present during the evaluation of Anakin Skywalker, a 9-year-old Force-sensitive child, who Jinn believed was the Chosen One that was prophesied to bring balance to the Force. The Council initially agreed that they would not accept him into the Jedi Order, however, they reversed their decision as Jinn's dying wish was for Skywalker to be trained.
Following the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle decided to take a less active role in Jedi affairs and left the Jedi High Council by the time of the Clone Wars. Her seat on the Council was taken by Jedi Master Shaak Ti.
Shortly after the Battle of Fortress Vader, Darth Vader entered a portal constructed by Lord Momin to resurrect his wife Padmé Amidala. While walking through visions, he encountered Yaddle along with many Jedi with their lightsabers ready to battle him. However, Vader killed all the illusions, impaling Yaddle through the chest as the words "Let the past die" resounded in his mind.
Personality and traitsEdit
Yaddle was highly sought after for her great wisdom, and was also known for her quietness, patience and kindness. A female member of the same mysterious species as Yoda, Yaddle had auburn hair, green-gold eyes, green skin and a height of 0.6 meters.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Yaddle was operated in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace by Phil Eason. The model for Yaddle was originally created by concept artist Iain McCaig as a sketch for a young Yoda, but was later put in the movies as Yaddle, a female member of Yoda's species.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25: Fortress Vader, Part VII (Vision to Darth Vader)
- (Picture only)
- Journey Through Space (2015)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: I Am a Jedi (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Alien Archive - Species Guide
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25: Fortress Vader, Part VII
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Journey Through Space (2015)
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith