Yaddle, a Force-sensitive female being of the same species as Grand Master Yoda, was a Jedi Master and member of the Jedi High Council during the last years of the Galactic Republic. She trained a Thisspiasian Padawan, Oppo Rancisis, who eventually joined Yaddle on the High Council by the time of the Invasion of Naboo.
In 32 BBY, Qui-Gon Jinn brought the Chosen One Anakin Skywalker to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant where he met Yaddle and the Jedi elders. After the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle took a less active role in the Jedi Order's affairs and was no longer on the High Council by the time of the Clone Wars.
Yaddle was born in 509 BBY. A member of the same species as the legendary Jedi Yoda, she was found to be Force-sensitive and was taken to the Jedi Temple to be trained in the ways of the Jedi. Eventually, she was promoted to the rank of Jedi Master and was given a seat on the Jedi High Council on which she remained for some time. She also trained the Thisspiasian Oppo Rancisis, who eventually took up a seat alongside her in the High Council as well.
On the eve of becoming Master Dooku's newest Padawan, the twelve-year-old Qui-Gon Jinn was ordered by Yaddle to bed, after he was practicing with his lightsaber in the Temple's sparring room late at night.
During the Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY, Yaddle was present in the Jedi Council Chamber inside the Temple on Coruscant, when fellow Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn presented himself to the High Council with daunting news that the Sith, the ancient enemies of the Jedi had returned to the galaxy. She was also present during the evaluation of Anakin Skywalker, a 9-year-old Force-sensitive child, who Jinn believed was the Chosen One that was prophesied to bring balance to the Force. The High Council initially agreed that they would not accept him into the Jedi Order, however, they reversed their decision as Jinn's dying wish was for Skywalker to be trained.
Following the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle decided to take a less active role in Jedi affairs and left the Jedi High Council by the time of the Clone Wars. Her seat on the Council was taken by Jedi Master Shaak Ti.
- "Growing up we heard tales of a green, pointy eared, legendary Jedi Master and…"
"Are you talking about Master Yoda? Yes, he is very legendary."
"Wait? What? Who? No, no, I'm talking about Master Yaddle."
- ―Greez Dritus and Cere Junda
In 19 BBY, the Order was destroyed when Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine, secretly the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious, activated Order 66, forcing clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic to turn on the Jedi and kill them. Whilst the Order was destroyed, a small number of Jedi were able to survive.
Shortly after the Battle of Fortress Vader, Darth Vader entered a portal constructed by Lord Momin to resurrect his wife Padmé Amidala. While walking through visions, he encountered Yaddle along with many Jedi with their lightsabers ready to battle him. However, Vader defeated all of the illusions, impaling Yaddle through the chest as the words "Let the past die" resounded in his mind.
In 14 BBY, while traveling in hyperspace, Greez Dritus asked that if the Order was rebuilt, would Jedi come out of hiding. After Cere Junda questioned if he meant anyone specific, Dritus told her that whilst growing up on Lateron he had heard tales of a legendary green, pointy eared Jedi Master. When Junda asked if he was speaking about Master Yoda, Dritus responded that he was talking about Yaddle.
Personality and traitsEdit
Yaddle was highly sought after for her great wisdom, and was also known for her quietness, patience and kindness. A female member of the same mysterious species as Yoda, Yaddle had auburn hair, green-gold eyes, green skin and a height of 0.61 meters.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Yaddle was skilled in little-known and deadly Jedi powers such as morichro, an ancient art that enabled the user to slow the opponent's bodily functions to the point of death. She also carried an orange-bladed lightsaber.[source?]
Behind the scenesEdit
Yaddle was operated in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace by Phil Eason. The model for Yaddle was originally created by concept artist Iain McCaig as a sketch for a young Yoda, but was later put in the movies as Yaddle, a female member of Yoda's species.
- Master & Apprentice (Mentioned only)
- Master & Apprentice audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25 (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Mentioned only)
- (Picture only)
- Journey Through Space (2015)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: I Am a Jedi (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Yaddle)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 According to Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded, Yaddle was 477 years old at the time of the invasion of Naboo. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates that to 32 BBY, Yaddle was born in 509 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Master & Apprentice
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25
- ↑ The events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order occur five years after the proclamation of the New Order, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, it can be deduced that the events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order take place in 14 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Journey Through Space (2015)
- ↑ Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader