- "I'm finished with these. Can I have some real food now?"
- ―Che'ri asking for something other than yapel triangles
Yapel triangles were a type of junk food edible by the Chiss species and eaten in the Chiss Ascendancy. Around 19 BBY, after the Chiss ozyly-esehembo Che'ri was nearly killed by Yiv the Benevolent, the leader of the Nikardun Destiny hegemony, Che'ri asked her caregiver, Mitth'ali'astov "Thalias," if she could have yapel triangles for dinner aboard the Chiss warship Springhawk.
Although Thalias knew that dinner should be a balanced meal, she decided that eating junk food for dinner once would not harm Che'ri and that the girl had earned such a meal because of her trying experiences. Thalias thus served Che'ri a plate of warmed yapels. However, after a conversation with Thalias and Mitth'raw'nuruodo, the Springhawk's commander, Che'ri asked Thalias if she could eat "real food" instead.
Behind the scenes
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (First appearance, simultaneous with Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook
Notes and references
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising
- The events of Thrawn: Alliances that take place during the Clone Wars occur after the trial of Ahsoka Tano, and Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the trial and the war's end to 19 BBY. Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising is set concurrent with Thrawn: Alliances' Clone Wars-era parts, so its events must take place around 19 BBY.