- "I’m finished with these. Can I have some real food now?"
- ―Che'ri asking for something other than yapel triangles
Yapel triangles were a type of junk food edible to Chiss and eaten in the Chiss Ascendancy. Around 19 BBY, the Chiss ozyly-esehembo Che'ri, after she was nearly killed by Yiv the Benevolent, the leader of the Nikardun Destiny, an enemy of the Ascendancy, asked her caregiver, Mitth'ali'astov "Thalias", to have yapel triangles for dinner. Although Thalias knew that dinner was supposed to be a balanced meal, she decided that eating junk food for dinner once would not harm Che'ri and that the girl had earned such a meal because of her trying experiences, and so served Che'ri a plate of warmed yapels. However, after a conversation with Thalias and Mitth'raw'nuruodo, the commander of the ship on which Che'ri served, Che'ri asked Thalias if she could eat "real food" instead.
Behind the scenes
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (First appearance, simultaneous with Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook
Notes and references
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising
- The events of Thrawn: Alliances set during the Clone Wars take place after the trial and exoneration of Ahsoka Tano. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the end of the the Clone Wars and the trial and exoneration of Ahsoka Tano to 19 BBY. As some of the events in Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising take place concurrently with Thrawn: Alliances, they must therefore take place around the year 19 BBY.