Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The hotel had a series of turbolifts running up and down its sides, expansive windows showing the surrounding cityscape and at least one dining hall.
History[edit | edit source]
It was the most high-class hotel in Cloud City, frequented by dignitaries and celebrities. It is possible that it was also the name of a person for whom the Bespin system was named for. Yarith Figg could also be the namesake.
In 3 ABY, having reached Bespin after the Battle of Hoth, Han Solo, Leia Organa, Chewbacca and C-3PO were given a luxurious apartment suite in this hotel by Lando Calrissian, while they waited for the Millennium Falcon to be repaired.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition, The Illustrated Star Wars Universe, The Queen of Air and Darkness, and Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy the name is spelled as The Yerith Bespin.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Rebel Dawn
- The Jewel of Yavin
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- "Thank the Maker"—Star Wars Tales 6
- Young Jedi Knights: Trouble on Cloud City
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- The Essential Chronology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 20 (BES5, Bespin - Cloud City)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 102 (BES11-12, Bespin - Cloud City)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy"—Star Wars Insider 89
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual