Yaruba was a male individual who ruled as king of the planet Kessel from at least 19 BBY to at least 10 BBY. Due to the proximity of the Pyke Syndicate, who were based on nearby Oba Diah, they were able to forcibly enter into Kessel's spice scheme and strike a deal with Yaruba, which allowed them to be the lone exploiter of resources harvested from the sacrificed side of the planet. Yaruba was served by the majordomo Kinash Lock, who frequently dealt with visitors, such as pilots hired to transport spice, in his employer's stead. When Rafa Martez inquired if she would ever get to meet the king, Lock told her that that was contingent on her coming to be considered a reliable transporter of spice and being offered a permanent contract for the work.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle!
Notes and references
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- "Deal No Deal" mentions that Yaruba is the king of Kessel. The episode is set between the Trial of Ahsoka Tano and the Siege of Mandalore, the last battle of the Clone Wars that Ahsoka Tano participated in. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both events to 19 BBY, so the episode must take place in that year.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deal No Deal"