- "The Yaruba Family of Kessel has always been a promoter of health and happiness across the stars."
- ―Kinash Lock
The Yaruba Family of Kessel, also known as the royal family of Kessel, was a family that controlled the planet Kessel. During the Clone Wars, Yaruba served as king of Kessel, with Kinash Lock serving as his majordomo. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, the family allowed for the harvesting of spice from one of the hemispheres on the planet. The family recognized but ignored the brutal working conditions against the slaves in the spice mines, as well as the fact that the mineral was transformed into a drug and used in criminal operations by groups such as the Pyke Syndicate.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deal No Deal" (First appearance) (First identified as Yaruba Family of Kessel)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Databank A-Z: Kel Dor–Ki-Adi-Mundi)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as royal family of Kessel)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor