Yavin Prime, also known simply as Yavin, was an orange gas giant, nearly 200,000 kilometers in diameter, located in the Outer Rim Territories. It was orbited by twenty-six moons, three of which could sustain humanoid life. One of those moons, Yavin 4, was once home to the ancient Massassi warriors and was used by the Rebel Alliance.
In the year 0 BBY, the Millennium Falcon orbited the gas giant to reach Yavin 4, where the headquarters for the Alliance to Restore the Republic were located. Later, Yavin 4 was almost destroyed by the Death Star, a planet-killing battle station designed by the Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Rogue One: Recon A Star Wars 360 Experience (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- ↑ The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- ↑ Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations