Yavin Prime, also known simply as Yavin, was an orange gas giant, nearly 200,000 kilometers in diameter, located in the Outer Rim Territories. Its clouds provided cover in battle, but death awaited any pilot who dived too far.
It was orbited by twenty-six moons, three of which could sustain humanoid life, including Yavin 4, Yavin 8, and Yavin 13. One of those moons, Yavin 4, was once home to the ancient Massassi warriors and was used by the Rebel Alliance.
History[edit | edit source]
In the year 0 BBY, the Millennium Falcon orbited the gas giant to reach Yavin 4, where the headquarters for the Alliance to Restore the Republic were located. Later, Yavin 4 was almost destroyed by the Death Star, a planet-killing battle station designed by the Galactic Empire.
Four years after the destruction of Alderaan, Captain Wedge Antilles and Vanguard Squadron were sent on a mission to Yavin Prime, to steal the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Victorum, which was already in an engagement with Talus Group. The Star Destroyer was needed for the New Republic's secret Project Starhawk.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (In flashback(s))
- Rogue One: Recon A Star Wars 360 Experience (Mentioned only)
- The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 4 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Yavin)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars: Squadrons
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Complete Locations