Yobshrimp were a species of tiny creature native to the planet Naboo. They were eaten by the seven species of scalefish found in Lake Paonga and in the Naboo Abyss. On the planet Batuu, fishing families cultivated the foreign yobshrimp for consumption, and Yobshrimp Noodle Salad was a dish available at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo in Black Spire Outpost on Batuu during the war between the First Order and the Resistance.
Behind the scenes
In the new Star Wars canon, yobshrimp were first mentioned in the 2015 reference book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know before appearing as food in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge a theme park land that opened at Disneyland Park on May 31, 2019. The species originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it first appeared in the 1999 video game Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Mentioned only)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 16: The Rescue" (Mentioned on menu) (as yobashrimp)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (First appearance) (as food)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has official backstory elements that, though not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the land.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier