- "I remember what it was like before your ships showed up, before you Imperials ruined Lothal like the rest of the galaxy."
- ―Yoffar grows angry at Imperials harassing him
Yoffar was a male Gotal who worked peddling jogan fruit on the planet Lothal during the early years of the Galactic Empire's reign. On one occasion he was nearly arrested for treason by Imperial Commandant Cumberlayne Aresko and Taskmaster Myles Grint after criticising the Empire in front of them while they questioned him about his business. The Gotal was saved by the local street urchin Ezra Bridger, who distracted the Imperials with a fake emergency broadcast.
- "I’m just trying to sell a couple jogans here."
- ―Yoffar explains himself to the Imperials
The Gotal male Yoffar was a street merchant who lived on the planet Lothal during the reign of the Galactic Empire. By Lothal Year 3272, he was reasonably elderly and eked out a living selling day-old jogan fruits in Lothal's Capital City. He occasionally interacted with the local street urchin Ezra Bridger, who sometimes stole from him, and on one occasion Yoffar falsely accused the boy of having taken a jogan when in fact he had not. While peddling his goods, Yoffar was approached by Imperial Commandant Cumberlayne Aresko and Taskmaster Myles Grint, who asked to see his identification and questioned him over the fact that his commerce had not been registered with the Empire. The check was in fact part of a planned demonstration of the Empire's ability to respond swiftly to problems, and when Yoffar criticized the Empire the pair prepared to arrest him for treason, quickly summoning a pair of stormtroopers.
Before the Imperials could remove Yoffar however, they were distracted by an emergency call from their comlinks summoning them to the main square, which caused them to abandon the street merchant. The Gotal noticed Bridger issuing the emergency Imperial broadcast on a communicator he had taken from Aresko, and thanked him for saving him from arrest. He offered the boy a jogan, which Bridger accepted before grabbing a few more fruits and moving on.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "By the time the Empire’s done, there won’t be any trade left."
- ―Yoffar criticizes the Empire
Yoffar had white fur, gray skin and orange eyes. He was perpetually grumpy, and commonly confused Ezra Bridger with other street orphans, which caused the boy to dislike him. When approached by Aresko and Grint, Yoffar was at first defiant, but soon became terrified when Stormtroopers arrived to arrest him. He was thankful to Bridger for saving him, but still complained when the urchin took more fruit than he was offered.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (First appearance)
- Ezra's Wookiee Rescue (Indirect mention only)
- The Rebellion Begins (First identified as Yoffar)
- Droids in Distress chapter book
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions (Opening cinematic only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (Picture only)