Yorsh Manted was an employee of the Mining Guild who was sent to patrol the criminal Pyke Syndicate's spice mines on the planet Kessel in order to make sure the guild got its cut of the profits. In 10 BBY, Manted checked a pair of slaves being given to the Pyke capo Quay Tolsite shortly before the slaves working the mine revolted and overthrew the Pyke overseers.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Yorsh Manted worked for the Mining Guild and represented its interests in the criminal Pyke Syndicate's spice mines on the planet Kessel by patrolling and ensuring the guild got its cut. The Pykes agreed to Manted and the other guild employees being there, but often disagreed with them on tactics for running the mine, as the criminals prefered less bureaucratic and more brutal methods of security. In 10 BBY, Manted and another guild employee accompanied the Pyke capo Quay Tolsite when he traveled to one of the mine's landing pads to meet the crew of the YT-1300 light freighter known as the Millennium Falcon.
The crew was led by the human Qi'ra who claimed to be a slaver and offered her captives Han Solo and Chewbacca as a sample of her product. Manted and the other guild employee checked the two slaves and upon signalling that they were satisfied, Tolsite had Solo and Chewbacca taken away while he took Qi'ra to discuss business. However, the Falcon's crew were actually on Kessel to steal the Pyke's coaxium and started a slave revolt in which the miners overthrew their Pyke overseers.
Manted wore white coveralls along with white gloves, a brown bandolier, and a white helmet that included a datafeed headset and goggles. The coveralls were marked with red sigils denoting one of the houses of the Mining Guild.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yorsh Manted first appeared in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story and was first named in the accompanying reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Yorsh Manted)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on Kessel in Solo: A Star Wars Story to nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the formation of the Empire to 19 BBY, therefore the event on Kessel in Solo must take place in 10 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Solo: A Star Wars Story