Yos Kolina was a male Mon Calamari who served as the King of Mon Cala during the last years of the Galactic Republic. His rule was cut short, however, when he was assassinated by Separatist Riff Tamson.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Reign[edit | edit source]
Yos Kolina served as the 82nd King of Mon Cala during the last years of the Republic. During this time, he had a son, Prince Lee-Char. Kolina was also able to maintain a friendship with the Quarren chieftain, Nossor Ri, that kept the peace between both their peoples.
Clone Wars[edit | edit source]
However, by 20 BBY, the Separatists, at the request of the Quarren, sent Commander Riff Tamson as an ambassador and observer to Mon Cala. Kolina then asked the Republic and Jedi to help him keep his world from descending into a civil war. Kolina was then assassinated by Tamson, who had been promised rulership of the planet by Count Dooku. Following a large battle, a coronation was held for Lee-Char, where he was crowned king with the support of Nossor Ri.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War" (First appearance) (Appears as a corpse in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners" (Appears as a corpse in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Yos Kolina)
- (Misspelled as "Yolina")
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Databank A-Z: Cut Lawquane–Lothal)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- The Star Wars Book