In 4 ABY Orren was aboard the second Bantha-II cargo skiff piloted by Pote Snitkin during the battle that broke out when Jabba tried to execute his prisoners, the Heroes of Yavin, over the Great Pit of Carkoon. Orren was among the many killed by the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker's lightsaber during the battle.
Behind the scenes
- "Yotts Orren is the name of the "Klaatu in skiff guard outfit" from the vintage action figure line."
- ―Leland Chee's original claim
Yotts Orren appears as a Kadas'sa'Nikto aboard the second Bantha-II cargo skiff during the skirmish at Carkoon in 1983's Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. He was portrayed by an uncredited extra. In 1998's Star Wars: Behind the Magic CD-ROM, Orren's image is used when the player is asked to identify a Kadas'sa'Nikto. In 2001, Orren was given a name and brief backstory on a card for the Tatooine Limited expansion set of Decipher, Inc.'s Star Wars Customizable Card Game. Decipher, however, erroneously used the image of another Nikto named Klaatu.
Originally, Leland Chee had identified the Kenner "Klaatu in skiff guard outfit" action figure as Yotts Orren, on his now defunct Keeper of the Holocron's Blog.This character, dressed in white coveralls, only appeared on the top deck of the Khetanna during Return of the Jedi.
Ultimately, this means that Klaatu is now the "Klaatu in skiff guard outfit" aboard the Khetanna, and, therefore, the popular conjecture that "Klaatu, Barada, Nikto" are together on the second skiff has been debunked.
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Tatooine Limited (Card: Yotts Orren) (backup link) (First identified as Yotts Orren)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Rogues Gallery: Jabba's Henchmen!" – Star Wars Insider 143