Yub Nub was an alcoholic beverage served at Oga's Cantina in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu in around 34 ABY. The drink was orange in color and served in a short glass with seeds that were imported from Endor. It was suitable for human consumption. The drink's name was taken from Ewokese and was served in a traditional Ewok cup which also came with a coaster depicting these furry creatures.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Yub Nub is one of the alcoholic beverages sold to customers at the Oga's Cantina bar in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. The beverage was first revealed as part of a large promotional event held on February 26, 2019. The menu's description reads, "Pineapple rum, spiced rum, citrus juices, and passion fruit." When bought, the drink comes with a souvenir cup made to resemble wood and features carvings of Ewoks.
The beverage shares its name with "Yub Nub", the Ewok song heard at the end of the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi before it was replaced with "Victory Celebration" in the film's 1997 Special Edition release.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Amy Ratcliffe (2019-02-27). What You Can Eat and Drink in STAR WARS: Galaxy's Edge. Nerdist. Archived from the original on February 28, 2019. Retrieved on February 27, 2019.
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Oga's Cantina has official backstory elements that, though not directly published for the public, are officially canon per the location's show guides and employees, and the details can be obtained verbally from cast members working the store.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Serves New and Exotic Flavors from a Galaxy Far, Far Away at DisneylandNews.com
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi