Yutani was a Human male captain in the Alliance to Restore the Republic and a scout and a heavy weapon specialist in Alliance Special Forces. In the year 4 ABY, Yutani attended a briefing held on the Alliance flagship Home One, during which Alliance Supreme Commander Mon Mothma discussed plans to attack the Galactic Empire's second Death Star battlestation.
Biography[edit | edit source]
In the year 4 ABY, Yutani sat at a briefing held on the Alliance flagship, the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Home One, in which the Alliance's Supreme Commander, Mon Mothma, discussed plans to attack the Galactic Empire's unfinished second Death Star battlestation, which was orbiting the moon of Endor. During the briefing, the Rebel leadership explained that members of a strike team led by General Han Solo would be sent to Endor to deactivate the SLD-26 planetary shield generator protecting the Death Star, thereby allowing Alliance starfighters to destroy the station's main reactor.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
When he attended the briefing aboard Home One, Captain Yutani wore the same uniform worn by other Rebel commandos at the briefing, and also wore an ammunition bandolier across his jacket. Yutani carried custom repulsorlift compensators to allow fluid movement with light artillery weapons.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Yutani first appeared as a background character sitting at the Rebel briefing on Home One in 1983's Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. Although not credited in the film, he was portrayed by Gordon Hann. Yutani was later given a name and brief backstory on a card for the June 1999 Endor Limited expansion set of Decipher, Inc.'s Star Wars Customizable Card Game.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Adventures of Han Solo
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi PhotoComic
- Return of the Jedi Storybook
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 3: Mission to Endor
- Star Wars Manga: Return of the Jedi 2
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Captain Yutani)
- The New Essential Chronology dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi to 4 ABY.
- More Star Wars. Convention-guests.com. Archived from the original on April 11, 2010. Retrieved on January 2, 2014.