- "See, in the Clone Wars, they never used the Z-96. Only the Z-95."
- ―Kazuda Xiono
The Z-96 was a class of starfighter. In 34 ABY, the pirate-turned-spy and scavenger Synara San was scavenging on the planet Castilon's ocean when she pulled up wreckage from a Z-95 Headhunter and presented it to Team Fireball, a group of mechanics based on the planet's supertanker fuel depot Colossus. The mechanic Neeku Vozo believed the wreckage may have originated from a Z-96, but fellow team member Kazuda Xiono recognized it as a Z-95 due to the ship bearing the markings of Reaper Squadron. Xiono then further stated that the Z-96 was never used in the Clone Wars, a pan-galactic conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Z-96 was first mentioned in the Star Wars Resistance episode "Bibo," which aired on January 13, 2019. The 2019 reference book Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition erroneously states that the starfighter wreckage is from a Z-96.
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Erroneous mention)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars Resistance – "Bibo"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Resistance – "Bibo" establishes that the Z-96 was similar in design to the Z-95 Headhunter, which is a model of starfighter, according to . Therefore, this article treats the Z-96 as a model of starfighter, as well.
- ↑ "Resistance Revisited"—Star Wars Insider 190 establishes that the events of Star Wars Resistance Season One, which includes the episode "Bibo," take place thirty years after the Battle of Endor, which corresponds to 34 ABY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- ↑ Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ Bibo. Walt Disney Television. Walt Disney Television (2018). Archived from the original on October 12, 2019. Retrieved on December 20, 2018.
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition