A non-lethal melee weapon, the Z6 baton was comprised of a central shaft terminating in two contact conductor vanes capable of resisting the plasma blade of a lightsaber. These collapsible vanes sparked with electric currents while in use, and delivered a stunning shock against opponents. The weapon was held via an adhesion grip that was capable of being magnatomically paired with the gloves of a First Order stormtrooper. This magnetic grip allowed the baton to be spun in combat.
- ―FN-2199 prepares to do battle with Finn using a Z6 riot control baton
The riot control stormtroopers of the First Order were trained to use non-lethal equipment as part of riot-control tactics, and utilized the Z6 baton, often in conjunction with a lightweight composite betaplast ballistic riot shield. Captain Cardinal, a key member of the First Order training hierarchy, was training recruits in the use of the baton aboard a Resurgent-class Star Destroyer when word came down that he was to be replaced by Phasma. After learning of Phasma's background, Cardinal confronted Phasma in a simulation room aboard the Absolution and both engaged in combat with one another using a Z6 baton. The Z6, capable of shocking and stunning an opponent during combat, was used by FN-2199, a trooper of the FN Corps, against the defector FN-2187 during the Battle on Takodana. Nines attacked Finn with his baton, pummeling the traitor's lightsaber until he was shot by a Wookiee bowcaster fired by Han Solo.
Finn wielded this weapon aboard Snoke's ship during his duel with Captain Phasma. He was able to strike his opponent down with the weapon, incapacitating her long enough for the ground below her to collapse.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Poe Dameron 23: Legend Found, Part IV
- Poe Dameron 24: Legend Found, Part V
- Join the Resistance: Attack on Starkiller Base
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Z6 riot control baton)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75139 Battle On Takodana)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Set: 75201 First Order AT-ST)
- Disciples of Harmony