Zal Dinnes was a human female pilot who served in the Alliance to Restore the Republic. During the Galactic Civil War Lieutenant Dinnes was assigned to the Tierfon Launch Base as a member of the Tierfon Yellow Ace starfighter squadron. When encroaching Imperial patrols forced the rebels to scuttle the base and the Yellow Aces to be disbanded, Dinnes, along with Jek Tono Porkins and two other pilots were transferred to the Rebel base on Yavin 4 where Dinnes and Porkins were assigned to Red Squadron, with Dinnes obtaining the callsign Red Eight. She was shot down and died during the Battle of Yavin.
Personality and traits
Zal Dinnes was a human female with blonde hair and hazel eyes. Dinnes had "V"s inside the yellow dots that ran along her helmet that indicated enemy fighter kills. Each mark equaled 20 enemy fighters that she killed in battle.
Behind the scenes
Zal Dinnes was portrayed by Zarene Dallas in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, but her role was not listed in the end credits. The character was revealed on October 15, 2016 by Entertainment Weekly in an exclusive trading card from Star Wars: Card Trader.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Retcon) (Fighter only)
- "Duty Roster"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars (2015) 45 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Secret Mission
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Ultimate Sticker Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Scarif)
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy (Picture only)
Notes and references
- New 'Rogue One' Images Revealed by Topps' 'Star Wars: Card Trader' on Entertainment Weekly (backup link)
- Star Wars: Rogue One Mission Briefing Monday takes on-demand cards to a far-away galaxy on beckett (backup link) (First identified as Zal Dinnes)