- "Minister Transe Decar, this is Darth Vader"
- ―Darth Vader, to Zalor Minister Transe Decar
Zalor Ministers, commonly shortened to Ministers, were the government representatives on the planet Zaloriis during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Transe Decar was a Zalor Minister circa 3 ABY, when he led Zaloriis to defect from the Empire to the Rebellion, but he was killed in the attempt.
Zalor Ministers were government officials on the planet Zaloriis in the Outer Rim of the galaxy during the rule of the Galactic Empire. Multiple ministers were in place at one time and had considerable influence on the people of Zaloriis, but they were not given charge of Imperial affairs on the planet, such as top secret research projects. Ministers also had the duty of paying Imperial tributes.
Transe Decar was a Zalor Minister circa 3 ABY, during the war between the Empire and the growing Rebellion. During this time, Decar led Zaloriis to defect to the Rebellion, attracting the attention of the Sith Lord Darth Vader, after Zaloriis's tribute was left unpaid. Vader met Decar on Zaloriis, where the minister revealed his betrayal of the Empire, resulting in Vader executing him and crushing the Zaloriian resistance.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Zalor Minister Decar was not assigned to oversee the research facility"
- ―Zalor Minister is officially named
The title of Zalor Minister was first mentioned in the strategy guide of the 2001 PC game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds before appearing in the game and its 2002 expansion, Clone Campaigns. The title is usually shortened to "Minister," but the full title is given in the reconnaissance report of the level "An Empire's Fury."
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance) (First identified as Zalor Minister)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned) (As minister)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide states that there were multiple Zalor Ministers.
- ↑ In Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Transe Decar's tenure as Zalor Minister ends during the Battle of Zaloriis, during which the Galactic Empire finds intelligence leading to the Battle of Hoth, the game's next Imperial-campaign mission following Zaloriis. The New Essential Chronology dates the Battle of Hoth to 3 ABY.