- "The Jedi is the rock-lion at the gate who says, 'I will defend these beings with my life, and that is the sum of me.'"
- ―Kina Ha
The Zalorian rock-lion, also known as the rock-lion, was a species native to the planet Zaloriis. The rock-lions' habitat was in the mountain range known as the Fantain Mountains, among the boulders which provided shelter from the planet's strong winds.
Basilisk war droids were alternatively described as resembling an armored rock-lion or a cross between a rock-lion and a Karran beetle. In 19 BBY, following the death of the Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, the Jedi Master Kina Ha compared the duty of the Jedi to that of a rock-lion at a gate, ready to give their life in the protection of other beings.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Rock-lions were first mentioned in the databank entry for Zaloriis in the 2001 LucasArts video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. The species was fully identified as the Zalorian rock-lion in the 2006 reference book The New Essential Guide to Droids, written by Daniel Wallace and published in 2006.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (Mentioned only)
- Imperial Commando: 501st (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The New Essential Guide to Droids (First identified as Zalorian rock-lion)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Mentioned in multiple entries, but without own entry)