- "I offer this record of our civilization to those who will follow. Despite our wisdom and technological achievement, we face extinction. Dogma blinded us to the path of balance and gradually we allowed our pride to corrupt us. The greater control we sought, the further we fell into ruin. I lead the remnants of my people into the great unknown, hoping that we finally find peace."
- ―A Zeffo Sage recording
The Zeffo, also known as the Zeffonians, were an ancient sentient species native to the planet Zeffo. Many Zeffo could wield the Force, which they referred to as the "Life Wind," and those who did became known as sages.
Rise of the ZeffoEdit
The Zeffo had evolved on the planet of the same name, where they had constructed many statues and relics dedicated to several Zeffo Sages, and were protected by the ancient automatons known as Tomb Guardians.
Three of the more esteemed sages, Eilram, Kujet, and Miktrull, were buried in elaborate tombs, both on Zeffo and Dathomir. Their culture extended beyond their homeworld, with elaborate temples and tombs built on Bogano, Ontotho, and Kashyyyk.
The ancient Zeffo had established a relationship with the Wookiees of Kashyyyk. Bogano had a great Vault built by the Zeffo; as a result, the colony was believed to a pilgrimage site, due to the presence of the Binog, a large creature important to Zeffo art and culture.
Corruption and demiseEdit
Though the Zeffo originated as a peaceful culture, over time they became more and more corrupt, eventually falling to the Dark side of the Force. Reigning in the time after Sages Eilram and Miktrull, Kujet ordered the destruction of the astriums the species used in their religious practices while promising their followers power and control over the Life Wind, but he proved to be treacherous and cruel with his reign marking the decline of Zeffo culture.
From their seat of power on Dathomir, Kujet staged a massacre in the halls of the palace, reducing the brave rebels opposed to their rule to ashen ruin. When Kujet died, they were entombed within a sarcophagus that was placed on the walls of their great temple. Within his dead hands, Kujet held one of the last remaining astriums.
Facing extinction, the remnants of the Zeffo fled into the great unknown, hoping to finally find peace.
In the years before the Great Jedi Purge, Jedi Master Eno Cordova became fascinated by the near-extinct Zeffo. In a Force vision, the Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis was spoken to by a Zeffo, who claimed to be leading the remnants of their species into the "great unknown."
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (First identified as Zeffo) (Picture only)
- Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 2 (First appearance) (Appears as a statue) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 3 (Appears as a statue) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 4 (Picture only)
- Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 5 (Indirect mention only)