The Zenuas 33 Umbaran starfighter was a technologically advanced starfighter produced by Ghost Armaments. Its shielded cockpit surrounded the pilot with touch-sensitive holographic displays that react instantly to touch. It was used heavily during the Battle of Umbara, a conflict that occurred during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Umbarans who had sided with the Separatist Alliance.
The Zenuas 33 Umbaran starfighter, produced by Ghost Armaments, was a uniquely powerful and capable starfighter used by the Umbaran Militia. It did not have a typical fighter cockpit: instead, the pilot sat in a ray shielded command chair surrounded by touch-sensitive holographic controls and displays. The controls were very sensitive, much different to those of an average starfighter, making it difficult for new pilots to learn how to operate it. It was highly maneuverable and was also able to hover in place. Armed with chin-mounted electromagnetic plasma cannons and wing-mounted missile pods, the Umbaran starfighter packed a tremendous punch.
When the Clone Wars came to Umbara, the Umbaran Milita combated the clone troopers of the Galactic Republic with their unique weaponry, with the Zenuas 33 serving as their main aerial support. During the battle, clone troopers "Hardcase" and CT-5555 "Fives" disobeyed orders from Jedi General Pong Krell and infiltrated the Umbaran airbase to steal two Umbaran fighters, which they used to save their fellow troopers, who were being assaulted by Umbaran mobile heavy cannons that they could not defeat without heavier firepower. Hardcase, Fives, and CT-5597 "Jesse" would later fly these ships, again disobeying orders, to destroy a Separatist supply ship. Umbaran forces used them in dogfights against the Clone Z-95 Headhunter.
Behind the scenes
Umbaran starfighters first appeared in "Darkness on Umbara," the seventh episode in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars' fourth season. The design of this starship was inspired by the cervical vertebra of the dinosaur Apatosaurus.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- "The Shadow of Umbara"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 39 (Databank A-Z: Kwazel Maw–Sly Moore)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as Zenuas 33 Umbaran starfighter)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 60 (Databank A-Z: U'Il–Luminara Unduli)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy