- "Admiral Raddus… Zeran Town just went offline. All signals just stopped…"
- ―A Mon Calamari commander, to Admiral Raddus
Zeran Town located on the northern part of the planet Mon Cala under the rule of the Mon Cala monarchy. In 18 BBY, during the Galactic Empire's invasion of Mon Cala, Governor Wilhuff Tarkin ordered an orbital bombardment of the planet from the Empire's Imperial I-class Star Destroyers. Zeran Town was one of many cities destroyed on the planet during the bombardment.
Afterward, onboard Admiral Raddus' modified MC75 Star Cruiser, the Profundity, a Mon Calamari commander reported to Raddus that Zeran Town had just gone offline and that all of its signals had stopped. The commander also noted that Zeran Town was the fifth northern settlement to be destroyed by the Empire.
Behind the scenes
- Darth Vader (2017) 17 (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- According to Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition, the invasion of Mon Cala took place a year into the Emperor's rule. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the beginning of Imperial rule to 19 BBY, the invasion of Mon Cala, in which Zeran Town was destroyed, took place in 18 BBY.
- Darth Vader (2017) 17
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide