Zolan was a warm and arid planet located in the galaxy's Mid Rim, near the Corellian Run. At some point, during the development of Zolan's native Clawdite species, a spike in solar activity bathed the planet in radiation. The Clawdite's ability to modify their skin color and body shape, similar to the predatory monzu also native to the world, resulted from this spike in solar activity, and many of the other native species developed different ways to survive. However, many other species were unable to cope and went extinct.
Later on, Zolan's star completed its radiation emission cycle and the planet reverted to more normal radiation levels. However, some damage could not be reversed, as large portions of Zolan became desolate wastelands. These regions were only slowly encroached upon by the remaining plants and animals.
Zolan was the homeworld of the Clawdite bounty hunter Zam Wesell, who was active during the Separatist Crisis. It was also the home of the Mabari, an ancient order of warrior-knights, who trained Wesell until her desire for wealth brought her to Denon.
Behind the scenesEdit
Zolan was first mentioned in Star Wars canon in the 2015 reference book Ultimate Star Wars. In Star Wars Legends, Zolan was first mentioned in The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Clawdites, an article in Star Wars Gamer 10 written by Craig Robert Carey, Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace.
- (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 10 (Databank A-Z: Chewbacca–Cloud City)
- No Disintegrations
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 71 (Databank A-Z: Zam Wesell–Wexley)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu