A zombie, also referred to as an undead, was a corpse revived through supernatural means such as Dathomirian witchcraft. Completely will-less and speechless, zombies were controlled by those who had summoned them in the first place. The Dathomirian Nightsister called Old Daka knew a magic chant that could produce zombies. During the Clone Wars, Daka used that resurrection spell to revive a group of corpses from a neighboring graveyard. That Army of the Dead participated in a battle to repel the Separatist forces led by General Grievous.
Through the use of parasitic brain worms, a Geonosian queen could also reanimate and control corpses. While in search for Archduke Poggle the Lesser, the Jedi Master Luminara Unduli and trooper Buzz faced a group of dead Geonosian warriors controlled by Queen Karina the Great.
Rather than producing immortality, Project Blackwing accidentally produced a virus that transformed humanoids into cannibalistic undead. The virus had some ability to communicate with itself, allowing it to slowly learn how to operate machinery and weapons. At some point, the virus infected a number of Imperial stormtroopers, transforming them into a hostile army of Undead Troopers.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge" (Remains only)
- "Sisters"—Age of Republic Special 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Vader - Dark Visions 5 (Hallucination)
- Star Wars 31
- Doctor Aphra 7
- Star Wars 32 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Commander