- "It's sweet, juicy, and burstin' with so much flavor that most folks never even realize that there ain't a single zoochberry in it. Surprise!"
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Zoochberry Surprise was a type of creamy, rectangular dessert. It had three layers—one pink, one white, and one brown—and was topped with berries. Despite having the word zoochberry in its name, it did not contain a single one of the berries, a fact that the majority of its consumers never realized. It was created by Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs.
Tuggs served it to those with a fondness for zoochberries who wished to taste them at his restaurant, Tuggs' Grub, located in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. Tuggs included a recipe for the dessert in his cookbook The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which he authored in 34 ABY. In the book, he described Zoochberry Surprise's flavor as sweet, juicy, and bursting with flavor.
Behind the scenes
Zoochberry Surprise was introduced in the 2019 recipe book Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which was authored by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and Marc Sumerak. Its out-of-universe recipe calls for the ingredients chocolate graham crackers, brown sugar, and butter for its crust, along with heavy cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice for the filling. The sauce calls for an assortment of berries, granulated sugar, additional lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and ground ginger.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.