- "Not that you care, but I think that you're OK."
- ―Bliss to Rey on Kijimi
Zorii Bliss was a human female native to the frigid planet Kijimi. She was the leader of the Spice Runners of Kijimi. During the war between the First Order and the Resistance, Bliss was neutral, and she spent time in Kijimi's Thieves' Quarter. She shared a past connection with Poe Dameron as he was once a spice runner along with her, but Poe Dameron joined the Resistance and abandoned Bliss. The two would meet again when Dameron led Resistance operatives to Kijimi to find the hidden world Exegol. After the destruction of Kijimi, Bliss participated in the Battle of Exegol, which saw the destruction of the Final Order.
Zorii Bliss was a resident of the frigid planet Kijimi, and at some point before the Cold War became the leader of the Spice Runners of Kijimi, a organization that a young Poe Dameron was a part of. However, Poe eventually abandoned the group to join the New Republic as a T-85 X-wing pilot and later the Resistance as a T-70 X-wing pilot, following in the footsteps of his parents Shara Bey and Kes Dameron, both of whom fought for the Rebellion during the Galactic Civil War. Poe's departure angered Bliss, as well as many others on Kijimi that Poe had run afoul of.
First Order-Resistance WarEdit
In the years that followed, the First Order, a military organization built on the ashes of the Galactic Empire seized control of Kijimi, abducting people and following the Battle of Crait, took control of the world, as they had with many other planets across the galaxy. Zorii and the others learned to operate under the new control without Dameron.
When the Resistance agents arrived on Kijimi in 35 ABY to find the path to Exegol, Bliss confronted Dameron, alongside a group of goons, still furious at the pilot over his abandonment of their cause, but Rey knocked out her goons, Bliss was impressed by her skill, and was convinced to help them. Bliss then led them to Babu Frik, the legendary droidsmith, as the Resistance needed to unlock forbidden translations in the systems of C-3PO, in order to translate a dagger that would lead to a Wayfinder to the hidden world Exegol. Bliss and Dameron left the room while Frik was working, and spied on First Order operations from the roof of the workshop, talking about how the occupation changed things. During the conversation, Bliss reassured and motivated Dameron to continue the fight against the First Order, and removed part of her helmet.
The pair then altered the other Resistance agents to approaching First Order forces. Understanding that Poe needed to get on board the Kylo Ren's Star Destroyer Zorii gives him ar Captain's ID at great cost. As they began their escape, now with the added knowledge that their Wookiee friend Chewbacca was being held on the First Order capital ship Steadfast, Poe made an offer to Bliss for her to join them, which she declined. Bliss then remained on Kijimi while Poe and his allies liberated Chewbacca, before traveling to Kef Bir after translating the dagger.
Battle of ExegolEdit
The resurrected Darth Sidious soon gave the order to use one of his Xyston-class Star Destroyers to destroy a planet that the Resistance would know. Kijimi was chosen, and subsequently obliterated by the Star Destroyer's axial superlaser.
Despite assumption, Bliss was able to escape before the destruction of Kijimi, joining the Resistance and flying a Y-wing starfighter called the Comeuppance alongside Babu Frik during the Battle of Exegol against the Sith Eternal fleet. The Resistance and their allies were ultimately victorious, following the demise of Sidious and the destruction of the Steadfast, which stranded the remaining Star Destroyers on Exegol.
Behind the scenesEdit
Zorii Bliss appeared in the 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, where she was portrayed by Keri Russell. Russell accepted the part as she found the idea of an anonymous, mysterious side character attractive.
- Poe Dameron: Free Fall
- Star Wars: We Are the Resistance (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Amazing Sticker Adventures
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – The Official Collector's Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ According to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, were one year after the Hosnian Cataclysm Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Hosnian Cataclysm to 34 ABY, events of the film took place in 35 ABY. The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Guide also establishes Zorii Bliss was in her mid-30s at that time, meaning she was born between 1 BBY and 1 ABY.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Keri Russell Is the Secret Force Behind Star Wars. Town & Country. townandcountrymag.com (2019-11-25). Archived from the original on February 20, 2020. Retrieved on November 27, 2019.