Zutton, also known as Snaggletooth, was a Snivvian male present in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina on the planet Tatooine during the standard year 0 BBY. While walking the streets of Mos Eisley, Snaggletooth wore a red tunic over a black shirt along with light-colored pants and boots. The Snivvian had light-colored skin, black eyes, and brown hair. In 35 ABY, Snaggletooth was present on Pasaana during the Aki-Aki's Festival of the Ancestors.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name "Snaggletooth" dates back to the original Kenner Star Wars toy line, in which an action figure based on the Snivvian was given the name. Later sources which are now identified as belonging to the Star Wars Legends timeline noted that the name Snaggletooth was actually a nickname, and that the male Snivvian's real name was Zutton. The "Zutton" name was later canonized with the release of the canon guide book Star Wars: Alien Archive. Meanwhile, the first canon source to provide the name Snaggletooth was the Star Wars: Card Trader mobile app. The character is otherwise unnamed in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
Although the character in the film wears a red-colored shirt, the original Kenner toy featured blue clothing. The figure's clothing was changed to red during the toy line's production run, as was the figure's height. Snaggletooth's general appearance later served as inspiration for Katt Mol, a Snivvian character who appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television episode "Padawan Lost."
- Star Wars 15 (Variant cover only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- (First identified as Snaggletooth)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive (First identified as Zutton)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker occur thirty five years after the Battle of Yavin. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes Zutton's appearance, must occur in 35 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker