Zyzek was a planet located in the Zyzek system of the Unknown Regions. It was a trade hub for several nations and species situated to the east and southeast of the Chiss Ascendancy. Zyzek and its star system were protected by the Zyzek System Defense organization.
At one point around 18 BBY, several trading starships and warships orbited the planet, including the Kilji war cruiser Whetstone and the Chiss heavy cruiser Springhawk. The two vessels engaged in a confrontation that was brought to an end by the Zyzek System Defense, leading to both ships' departure from the planet. The commander of the Springhawk, the Chiss Senior Captain Thrawn, later theorized that Captain Fsir, a Watith that had attacked the Springhawk prior to the confrontation with the Whetstone, had been hired to do so—unbeknownst to him, by the Grysk operative Jixtus—at Zyzek.
Behind the scenes
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil (First appearance, simultaneous with Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil audiobook)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil audiobook
Notes and references
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil
- The events of Thrawn: Alliances set during the Clone Wars take place after Ahsoka Tano had left the Jedi Order. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the end of the Clone Wars and Tano's departure from the Order to 19 BBY. As the main events of Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising take place concurrently with the Clone Wars events of Alliances, Chaos Rising must be set in 19 BBY. Furthermore, during the main events of Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil, it is established that the attack on Csilla, which is depicted as part of the main events of Chaos Rising, took place "last year." Therefore, the main events of Lesser Evil must be set around 18 BBY.
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good